[fpc-devel] TProcess and redirection of StdIn/Out (e.g. from/to files)

Martin Frb lazarus at mfriebe.de
Thu Dec 14 17:30:49 CET 2023

If I am right the TProcess currently does not allow redirection of
StdOut/In to/from a file (or other handle provided).

If it does, and I have been missing the "how to", then please enlighten
me and disregard the remainder of the mail.

The code for setting up redirection to pipes (to be read/write by the
parent process) already exists. So this is mainly a call to add
properties to explicitly set those handles.
Or provide some other method.

Is this something that should be added? (I.e. a feature request to be added)
If yes, should there just be 3 properties for the handles? A callback to
create/provide them? A virtual method?
Should there be a flag?

What should be the resolving order if handles are give, but other flags
(pipes/input) are set?