[fpc-devel] passing unicode seach paths on windows

Tomas Hajny XHajT03 at hajny.biz
Wed Aug 30 16:50:36 CEST 2023

On 2023-08-30 13:56, Mattias Gaertner via fpc-devel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> How to pass unicode search paths to fpc?
>
> For example when passing a -Fu as UTF8 via a config file "@my.cfg", fpc
> says:
>
> Is there some flag I'm missing or does fpc not support unicode search
> paths on windows?
>
> Tested with 3.2.2 and 3.3.1.

First of all, I don't think that the compiler supports reading
configuration files (search paths or whatever else) in a different
codepage than the current ACP. Since that won't be UTF-8 on MS Windows,
this is not supported. As far as I know, -Fc... is used only for source
files, not for configuration files, and it's probably more appropriate
that way. It might be possible to add special support for recognizing
the BOMs and use that for deciding on the format, but nothing like that
has been implemented yet for the compiler according to my knowledge.

Tomas