[fpc-devel] Status of ESP8266 embedded target

Travis Siegel tsiegel at softcon.com
Tue Oct 4 01:07:50 CEST 2022

Does this process use gcc to do the compile, instead of fpc directly? If
it does, I will dig into making it compatible with Parallax's line of
propeller boards, since it now supports GCC to generate code for the
propeller 1 and 2 boards.  Being able to program these in pascal would
be wonderful.  Parallax has a series of SBC products, including the
basic stamp, a java stamp, (no longer produced), and as mentioned, the
propeller boards.  They also have several robot packages that can be
programmed via the propeller or basic stamps, so if the esp board code
does work, and it calls gcc for it's work, I'll certainly be interested
in tackling making it work with the propeller boards, I think that could
help some folks start using those boards.