[fpc-devel] I've asked this before, but perhaps I wasn't specific enough that time: what do I *personally*, specifically need to do to ensure that a native Windows 64-bit build winds up on the FPC website for the next release?

Nikolay Nikolov nickysn at gmail.com
Sat Jan 15 01:05:07 CET 2022

On 1/15/22 01:47, Ben Grasset via fpc-devel wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 14, 2022 at 5:49 AM Nikolay Nikolov via fpc-devel
> <fpc-devel at lists.freepascal.org> wrote:
>
>     No, it's not, because in linux I tested "make -j24 all" in the
>     compiler directory
>
> That isn't what you said in your original comment about benchmarking
> on Linux. You specified "make cycle", which is what I was going off of.

Yes, my mistake, I wrote it in a hurry. Here's exactly what I tested in
linux:

make -j `nproc` clean OS_TARGET=linux CPU_TARGET=i386 BINUTILSPREFIX=
PP=/usr/bin/ppcx64
make -j `nproc` all OS_TARGET=linux CPU_TARGET=i386 BINUTILSPREFIX=
PP=/usr/bin/ppcx64

versus:

make -j `nproc` clean OS_TARGET=linux CPU_TARGET=x86_64 PP=/usr/bin/ppcx64
make -j `nproc` all OS_TARGET=linux CPU_TARGET=x86_64 PP=/usr/bin/ppcx64

And this is all run entirely on my SSD (Samsung SSD 860 EVO 500GB),
while on Windows, the code I compile is on my HDD (the SSD only contains
Windows, FPC and Lazarus).

Btw, a full testsuite run in Linux on my computer is also much faster on
i386, compared to x86_64. But now I'm also in a hurry, so I won't post
any exact measurements.

Nikolay