[fpc-devel] I've asked this before, but perhaps I wasn't specific enough that time: what do I *personally*, specifically need to do to ensure that a native Windows 64-bit build winds up on the FPC website for the next release?

Ben Grasset operator97 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 14 16:33:47 CET 2022

On Fri, Jan 14, 2022 at 1:27 AM Sven Barth via fpc-devel <
fpc-devel at lists.freepascal.org> wrote:

> (though to be fair it does the same on 32-bit as well)

Yeah, MSVC (for some reason) universally defines "long double" as exactly
an alias for regular 64-bit double, whereas GCC and Clang (more correctly
IMO) define it as an 80-bit type equivalent to FPC's traditional
"extended". So even on 32-bit with MSVC you have to hand-write assembly to
make use of x87 FPU instructions.