[fpc-devel] I've asked this before, but perhaps I wasn't specific enough that time: what do I *personally*, specifically need to do to ensure that a native Windows 64-bit build winds up on the FPC website for the next release?

Ben Grasset operator97 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 14 05:45:52 CET 2022

On Thu, Jan 13, 2022 at 11:38 PM Nikolay Nikolov via fpc-devel <
fpc-devel at lists.freepascal.org> wrote:

> For the record, I did try make cycle for ppc386 and ppcx64 on my Windows
> 10 (with Windows Defender turned on) and both finished in exactly 42
> seconds :)

Not surprising that you closed the gap a bit with your 5900X IMO, although
that's still a decent improvement over both of your Linux results. I do
think probably linking with GNU LD isn't as fast in most cases as linking
internally, as I mentioned before. Though using LLD or mold instead of LD
might be a different story.