[fpc-devel] I've asked this before, but perhaps I wasn't specific enough that time: what do I *personally*, specifically need to do to ensure that a native Windows 64-bit build winds up on the FPC website for the next release?

Bart bartjunk64 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 12 13:56:03 CET 2022

On Wed, Jan 12, 2022 at 1:38 PM Martin Frb via fpc-devel
<fpc-devel at lists.freepascal.org> wrote:

> As I said, I do not know, what is currently provided by the Fpc
> "combined 32-/64-bit download".
> No Idea, if any of the fpc/ppc executable in this download are already
> 64-bit.

It provides 32-bit fpc (so it builds for 32-bit windows by default)
and the win32->win64 crosscompiler in a single installer.
In Lazarus that means that you can target Win32 (default) and Win64
without any problem.

Previously you had to install the win32->win64 crosscompiler as a
separate download.
So, presonally I really welcome this "combined" installer.

--
Bart