[fpc-devel] Plans for 2022

J. Gareth Moreton gareth at moreton-family.com
Sun Jan 9 14:38:12 CET 2022

It's probably a good idea, yes.  Normally the optimisations I implement
are due to me spotting something in the RTL or compiler disassembly
while optimising something else, so the tests per se are in those
units.  Dedicated tests, like my recently added POPCNT tests, are a good
idea even if the set-up is quite uncommon (e.g. it's rare that one would
check, say, PopCnt(X) = 0 (or <> 0) because checking X directly gives
you the exact same result - in that particular case, I added it because
it was as simple as adding a couple of labels to a case block.

How should we start with making these tests?

Gareth aka. Kit