[fpc-devel] Plans for 2022

Christo Crause christo.crause at gmail.com
Sun Jan 9 09:05:11 CET 2022

On Sun, Jan 9, 2022 at 9:09 AM J. Gareth Moreton via fpc-devel <
fpc-devel at lists.freepascal.org> wrote:

> Some people requested a Patreon post as to my plans for 2022 with FPC,
> so I was happy to oblige.  Plans may change a bit though depending on
> what happens in life and also what Florian's own vision is with the
> compiler, but this is the gist of it:
>
> https://www.patreon.com/posts/60922821
>
> Gareth aka. Kit

An interesting read Gareth.thank you for sharing.

It would be really nice to have such roadmaps (or at least visions) from
everyone working on the compiler/rtl/packages, and also the roadmap from
the core team for the future plans for FPC.  This is obviously more than
just a trivial amount of work, and there is no guarantee that all the
fringe contributors will suddenly harmonize with the core team's vision,
but I hope it will generate a slightly more concerted effort to move the
project forward.

Christo