[fpc-devel] threads vs widestringmanager / crash

Ondrej Pokorny lazarus at kluug.net
Mon Dec 19 10:14:02 CET 2022

On 19.12.2022 09:51, Michael Van Canneyt via fpc-devel wrote:
> If you can prepare a simple sample program that shows the problem, I
> can try
> to look into it. Maybe a fresh pair of eyes sees more than one pair of
> eyes?
You don't need a special sample program. Every console application on
Windows will do. Just run it with debugging in Lazarus.

My observation is that the problem is worse on slow machines (virtual
machines, shared VPS). I actually almost never observed it on my local
PC, but on the VPS it made debugging nearly impossible.

I'll disable the "Assigned(WideStringManager.GetStandardCodePageProc)"
hack on the VPS and report back.

Ondrej