[fpc-devel] Aligned array feature

J. Gareth Moreton gareth at moreton-family.com
Tue Apr 12 23:26:20 CEST 2022

Hi everyone,

To complement aligned records, I'm trying out an implementation of
aligned records.  Like how you might declare an aligned record as follows:

type AlignedVector = packed record
     X, Y: Double;
end align 16;

At present I've gone for the following for arrays:

type AlignedVector = array[0..1] of Double align 16;

Semantics aside, I need to make some tests for it, but I'm not sure
which subdirectory they should go under.  Should they go under tbs or
test/cg or something else entirely?

Of course, that assumes such alignment support is okay in the eyes of
the core team (I'll need to double-check what Delphi supports so it's
enabled or disabled as appropriate under $MODE DELPHI).

Gareth aka. Kit