[fpc-devel] different fpc dir structure on different platforms?

Jos Wegman jos.wegman at gmail.com
Wed Oct 20 11:41:21 CEST 2021

Hi,

I have two virtual machines
1. Debian 11
2. Win 10
In both machines I want to install the fpc compiler from sourcecode.

I create a base directory and two subdirectories.
fpc -> fpcsrc
      -> fpcbin

I clone the sourcecode from gitlab into the fpc\fpcsrc directory
enter the directory and do a make all.
after that i do a make install INSTALL_PREFIX= ..\fpcbin

On both vm's the fpcbin directory contains the newly compiled fpc compiler.

If I check both fpcbin directories on the vm's the is a different
directory structure.

My questions are:
Why is there a difference?
Where can i find documentation about these differences?

Below a short example of the directorystructure.

win
fpcbin
-bin
--x86_64-win64