[fpc-devel] mantis 0038496 custom variants and documentation

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Sun May 30 10:43:51 CEST 2021

On Sun, 30 May 2021, Marco van de Voort via fpc-devel wrote:

> Before the 3.2.2 release I looked into mantis 0038496 and now I come
> back to it.
>
> I noticed that custom variants are completely undocumented, is this know
> (IOW should I file a bug?).

Please do. I am aware of this issue, but it always falls between the other
issues. If you happen to have some sample programs (however small) I can
use to document this, please attach them to the issue.

I know that Synopse makes heavy use of the customvariant (I believe their
JSON document it a customvariant), maybe it can be a source of inspiration.

Michael.