[fpc-devel] SocketCAN implementation

Zeljko Avramovic avra at writeme.com
Wed Mar 17 13:59:02 CET 2021

> I had a look.

  Thanks, I really appreciate it.

> Since this is currently linux-only, and there are several units, I would opt to make this a separate
> package.
>
> The directory structure to use should be clear, I suppose:
>
> can
> can/src
> can/examples

  Understood.

  A while ago have tried to force myself to use objfpc mode, and even published one package with it (https://bitbucket.org/avra/pasettimino/src/master/), but it simply did not stick and I am back to delphi mode. While I shall leave examples in delphi mode, I might try to get rid of delphi mode in translated headers.

> If you can make a fpmake.pp file, that would be appreciated, but if you
> don't feel up to that I can do it when you submit the sources, that's not a
> problem.

  I'll try.

  Btw, should I prohibit non-linuxes in source code by using $FATAL, or some other way is preferred?