[fpc-devel] FPC & Lazarus moving to gitlab

Martin Frb lazarus at mfriebe.de
Wed Jun 23 14:40:40 CEST 2021

On 22/06/2021 23:40, Ryan Joseph via fpc-devel wrote:

>> On Jun 22, 2021, at 10:05 AM, Michael Van Canneyt via fpc-devel <fpc-devel at lists.freepascal.org> wrote:
>>
>> The date for the final conversion has been established as the weekend of
>> 17/18 july. People that wish to report bugs after that will have to create a
>> gitlab account in order to do so. (Those with a github account can normally
>> also use that account to log in with gitlab, see the gitlab login page.)
> I thought the plan was to move to GitHub? I never used GitLab before so can you explain the reasoning here?

Michael v.C. send a mail on the topic before.

GitLab is open source. If the company fails, we can take the last
version, and self host again.

Also afaik, the "open source account" that gitlab offers is way better
than github. (also with respect to the issue tracker capabilities.)
Though, I do not have a comparison list.

There may have been other reasons. As I said M.v.C did sent an answer to
that earlier.