[fpc-devel] Anyone an idea were/how to look for the missing merge in 3.0.2

Martin Frb lazarus at mfriebe.de
Sun Jun 13 21:04:26 CEST 2021

On 09/06/2021 09:29, Pierre Muller via fpc-devel wrote:

>   Martin,
>
> could you check if this relates to bug #38973?
>
> https://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=38973
>
>  This bug also does not show in current trunk.
>
>  If you get the same pattern of failures, it is most probably related
> to this wrong optimization.

Unfortunately I had no success in narrowing it down.

I had hoped that generating -al
and moving the {$implicitexceptions off} around to narrow it to a single
function,
I would get a small enough asm diff to tell....

But even narrowing it down to a single "end;" statement that needs to
have {$implicitexceptions off} does not help.
This line affects the entire specialization of a base class for one of
the classes in that unit. (I did -Si- too)
So the diff is still to big, and many of the changes are outside of what
I can judge to be ok or not.