[fpc-devel] Anyone an idea were/how to look for the missing merge in 3.0.2

Martin Frb lazarus at mfriebe.de
Wed Jun 9 09:47:44 CEST 2021

On 09/06/2021 09:29, Pierre Muller via fpc-devel wrote:

> could you check if this relates to bug #38973?
>
> https://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=38973
>
>  This bug also does not show in current trunk.
>
>  If you get the same pattern of failures, it is most probably related
> to this wrong optimization.

Unlikely.

I don't know exactly where the error is caused. I usually end up in some
internal write_ansi_string. I checked asm and register values. And at
that time the string is corrupted. But I do not know when it got corrupted.
Could have been anywhere else.

I have not yet tried -OoNOPEEPHOLE => I am away a few days, will try
next week.

However the fact that not compiling in "implicit finalization" does fix
it points to something else.