[fpc-devel] TDef flags

J. Gareth Moreton gareth at moreton-family.com
Sat Jul 3 15:01:18 CEST 2021

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to fix i38827, and am trying a few things.  One thing I've
noticed is that some specializations have both the df_generic and
df_specialization flags set, and the def missing from the debug
information that raises the linker error is one such def. Manually
removing the df_generic fixes the problem (since the presence of the
flag stops it from being written to the debug information), but is there
a situation where a def can legitimately have both flags set?

To guess, I would say if a generic has multiple parameters and not all
of them are specialized, then that makes a def that's both, but then a
fully specialized generic type shouldn't have the generic flag any more,
right?

Gareth aka. Kit