[fpc-devel] Generics-related compilation issue

Bart bartjunk64 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 23:00:08 CET 2021

On Mon, Jan 4, 2021 at 5:13 PM Bart <bartjunk64 at gmail.com> wrote:

> > What is strange to me is that the compilation issue does not happen with
> > the LazControls package alone, but only when ExCtrls package is added.
> > Moreover, the problem occurs only on 64bit, not on 32 bit. (I am on Windows)

64-bit Windows:
CompareValue(constant, currencyvariable):
3.2.0: OK.
Trunk: Error: Can't determine which overloaded function to call

CompareValue(currencyvariable, currencyvariable):
3.2.0: Error: Can't determine which overloaded function to call.
Trunk: OK

CompareValue(currencyvariable, constant):
3.2.0: OK
Trunk: Error: Can't determine which overloaded function to call

32-bit fpc 3.2.0/trunk: no problem.

So, most likely this has nothing to do with generics?
I'm using r47193 of fpc trunk

@wp: a temporary fix for compiling ExCtrls with fpc trunk would be to
assign the constant to a temp variable (in TSpinEditExBase)?

--
Bart