[fpc-devel] Dangerous download on bug report

J. Gareth Moreton gareth at moreton-family.com
Wed Feb 24 06:54:12 CET 2021

Hi everyone,

This is a bit of a public service announcement.  I tried to look at this
bug:

The poster offered a ZIP download of their project, but it's hosted by a
questionable site, since it requires browser add-ons (including Adobe
Flash) and a client program (which apparently was digitally signed and
recognised by Windows).  It installed Opera and a number of 3rd Party
Windows Services without permission. I've managed to uninstall said
programs, and now I'm running a full virus scan because, frankly, I
don't trust everything to be gone.

I made a post on the bug report suggesting the author use a different
download provider.  But long story short, DO NOT DOWNLOAD FROM THE LINK
PROVIDED.

Gareth aka. Kit