[fpc-devel] [Dwarf AVR] DIE refers to abbreviation number which does not exist

Dimitrios Chr. Ioannidis d.ioannidis at nephelae.eu
Sun Feb 7 14:35:20 CET 2021

Hi,

Στις 7/2/2021 2:29 μ.μ., ο/η Florian Klämpfl via fpc-devel έγραψε:
> Am 07.02.21 um 11:49 schrieb Dimitrios Chr. Ioannidis via fpc-devel:
>> Hi,
>>
>>    I made some more tests, and it seems that there is a problem with
>> the array types, used in other units where they are defined.
>>
>>    I don't know if it helps but, if I define an array type on unit B,
>> which a unit A uses it, and the unit B has a procedure / function
>> which is called from the unit B, then the warning / error goes away (
>> at least I don't get that warning / error ).
>>
>>    i.e. the following doesn't produce the dwarf warning / error,
>> using the FPC's cross tools :
>
> I suspect it is binutils related. Maybe some of the windows users can
> build new avr-embedded binutils.

tried, a fairly recent, avr binutils 2.34 ( from
https://blog.zakkemble.net/avr-gcc-builds/ ) and the error is gone .
Also I am able to debug some firmwares using Lazarus, avr-gdb-8.3 (
patched by Michael Ring ) and ATBackend simulator without a problem on
Windows 10 64bit.

What is the "official" way to build FPC avr binutils for windows ? I
searched a little but I couldn't find anything regarding this .

PS : The above binutils have avr-as version ( GNU assembler version 2.34
(avr) using BFD version (GNU Binutils) 2.34 ) and a avr-embedded-ld.bfd
binary.

regards,

--

Dimitrios Chr. Ioannidis