[fpc-devel] Generic class comparison operators

Ryan Joseph genericptr at gmail.com
Wed Apr 21 21:03:43 CEST 2021

> On Apr 21, 2021, at 12:57 PM, Sven Barth via fpc-devel <fpc-devel at lists.freepascal.org> wrote:
>
> You can only use global operators with objects.

yes but not with *generic* objects. I find it very hard to understand why this is being blocked for objects. Without this there is no way to have *generic* record inheritance in Pascal. Is this seen as a problem or something that people would make a generic inheritable record type? Without this we have stupid things like having to reimplement TVec2<T>, TVec3<T>, TVec4<T> etc... because we can't simply inherit from the previous type.

Regards,
	Ryan Joseph