[fpc-devel] Implicit function specialization precedence

Ryan Joseph genericptr at gmail.com
Tue Apr 6 23:11:05 CEST 2021

> On Apr 6, 2021, at 12:57 PM, Sven Barth <pascaldragon at googlemail.com> wrote:
>
> In the example you posted below, I agree with you, but that is not what I said. Look at my example again:

Also could you please verify that $H+ isn't causing problems? The string literal 'Hello World' is a short string but "String" is an AnsiString so that may influence the results you're expecting.  However  even without the operator I don't know how to delineate between the explicit cast vs the non-explicit cast.

	Writeln(Test('Hello World'));
	Writeln(Test(String('Hello World')));

These both appear to be equal as far as is_better_candidate is concerned.

Regards,
	Ryan Joseph