[fpc-devel] Issue with Compiling FPC and MacOS Big Sur

Jonas Maebe jonas at freepascal.org
Sat Nov 14 15:10:00 CET 2020

On 2020-11-14 11:03, Michael Ring via fpc-devel wrote:

> I recently upgraded to Big Sur on two devices and tried to compile
> trunk based on official 3.2.0 compiler freshly downloaded from
> sourceforge but compilation fails:

That looks like you did not install the Xcode command line tools
*before* installing FPC. The installer should warn you about this if it
detects that is the case. Previous FPC versions refused to install at
all in this case, but I changed it into a warning because Apple kept
changing things that broke this detection. It should function correctly
on macOS 11.0/Big Sur though.

Jonas