[fpc-devel] JWA 64-bit struct packing

Marco van de Voort fpc at pascalprogramming.org
Thu May 14 16:22:00 CEST 2020

Op 2020-05-14 om 15:53 schreef Henry Vermaak via fpc-devel:
> I'm having some crashes and errors from 64-bit Windows builds that use
> the JWA units.  I've tracked it down to record alignment (the 32-bit
> version works fine, so it's the first place I looked).  I notice that
> there's no {$packrecords c} anywhere (or alternatively {$align 8} for
> 64-bit).  Am I missing something?  I'm having trouble believing that
> no one has found this before.

The original headers only did 32-bit. Over the years some 64-bit
corrections have been added. This process is ongoing, so please make
sure you use the newest version.

I'm a bit loath to try to fix this with big, overarching $packrecords,
because the winapi actually sometimes uses packrecords C and sometimes
packrecords 8.

Similar attempts in the normal windows headers were cumbersome, so we
are dealing with it on a case by case basis.

If you have problems with certain structures, AND you have tested with
trunk or FPC 3.2.0rc1, please file a bug.