[fpc-devel] AsString and AsWideString both return 255 Bytes

chewthefat at tutanota.com chewthefat at tutanota.com
Fri May 8 22:26:08 CEST 2020

Hi, using SQLite3, the latest version of Lazarus 2.0.8 and I assume FPC.

This
sqlMain.FieldByName('name').AsString;
and this
sqlMain.FieldByName('name').AsWideString;

BOTH return 255 Bytes. I have a TEXT Field in the database 1776 Bytes long. The data looks OK in SQBrowser, but FPC/Lazarus brings in only 255 Bytes. Yes I have the fpcobj and $H+ set.

I posted here but so far not getting anywhere.
https://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,49721.0.html

The 1776 Bytes of data is being saved (.ExecSQL) to the file OK, but on read back I only get that 255.

How can I make this work please?