[fpc-devel] Google APIs - Authenticate using a service account?

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Tue Jun 30 09:47:12 CEST 2020

On Fri, 26 Jun 2020, Wayne Sherman via fpc-devel wrote:

> Is there support in the fpc google api units for authenticating as a
> service account?
>
> Background:
> Service accounts allow an application to interact with Google APIs
> without authenticating as a specific user.  Instead a service account
> is created with it's own credentials, ID, and key.  By authenticating
> as a service account, applications can perform tasks on behalf of the
> users in a G Suite domain without having to have their login
> passwords.

The problem with the service account is that you must create a JWT Token.
FPC does not yet have a unit that can generate *and sign* a JWT Token.

The good news is I have this weekend a reminder that I received some code
that will allow me to complete the JWT Token support in FPC using at
least the RSA256 signing algorithm (and some others as well).

Now all that is needed is to clone myself so I can actually do the work...

Michael.