[fpc-devel] Advanced objects

Ryan Joseph genericptr at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 10:01:46 CEST 2020

> On Jul 23, 2020, at 7:32 AM, Kostas Michalopoulos via fpc-devel <fpc-devel at lists.freepascal.org> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I'd also like to repeat that question since i was just trying to use
> management operators for a generic object type (not class, not record)
> that i want it to automatically initialize/shutdown itself (right now
> i'm doing it manually but i'd prefer it if the compiler would do that
> for me) and found that bug too.

I never got management operators operators working for the mode switch anyways because I didn't know how to handle inheritance properly and this would cause extra scrutiny over the feature which was already in question. I have other patches which are not contested at all and are just sitting there for months so I think there's a very slim chance advanced objects (in any form) gets accepted at this point.

Regards,
	Ryan Joseph