[fpc-devel] Tests for i36775

J. Gareth Moreton gareth at moreton-family.com
Tue Jul 14 23:08:19 CEST 2020

Hi everyone,

I've finally managed to reproduce the Internal Error that's been
appearing during the compilation of Lazarus for a while.  They are
slightly complex since the prerequisites for raising the internal error
are rather contrived.  It seems related to Result being a managed type
(e.g. an object), it being written to and read from, or simply
compared.  I have written four tests... actually they're all the same
test, but three of them apply different optimisations: -O2, -O3 and -O4.

Let me know if this cleanly reveals the error and the patch supplied
already in the report fixes the bug.

Gareth aka. Kit