[fpc-devel] Google APIs - Authenticate using a service account?

Joost van der Sluis joost at cnoc.nl
Fri Jul 10 11:14:29 CEST 2020

Op 10-07-2020 om 11:02 schreef Michael Van Canneyt:

>> There is:
>>
>>  fppkg install cnocOIDC
>>
>> And you will have JWT support. Have a look at the
>> TcnocOIDCIDTokenClaim and TcnocRSAPublicKey/TcnocRSAPrivateKey classes.
>
> Joost,
>
> I am aware of that, but this kind of basic functionality *really* should
> be in the base distribution.

No, googleapi should be removed from the base distribution. That makes
it also easier to respond on changes and to release them more often.
However this is in principle also possible with fppkg when they are in
the base distribution.

Also I don't think that many other languages have JWT support in their
base distribution.

To copy this into the base-distribution you also have to copy dcpcrypt.
(MIT) Another solution would be to add a googleapi-plus package (outside
the base distribution) that depends on both cnocRSA and the googleapi
package.

I know we disagree on this. But it is really impossible to keep up with
all the work that needs to be done if we have to convert all useful
libraries out there into one base distribution.

Regards,

Joost.