[fpc-devel] Linux Binary - Socket Output affected by SystemCtl, HELP!

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Wed Jan 29 17:11:15 CET 2020

Ozz Nixon via fpc-devel <fpc-devel at lists.freepascal.org> schrieb am Mi.,
29. Jan. 2020, 16:51:

> PS. Worsecase, I can scrap 2.6.4 for 3.0.x - just been waiting for a
> stable LLVM build for all 3 OSes I support.

Then you're in for long wait as the LLVM backend is fully supported only on
trunk (at least for macOS and Linux on x86_64). We're currently preparing
the 3.2 release and that means you'll have to wait around two years at
least.

Also 3.0.x and 3.2 provide better code generation compared to 2.6.4 as
well. So there is probably no need to require the LLVM backend.

Regards,
Sven