[fpc-devel] Linux Binary - Socket Output affected by SystemCtl, HELP!
ozznixon at gmail.com
Wed Jan 29 16:07:05 CET 2020
1. My code does not directly interact with any environment variables.
2. I am using version 2.6.4 to compile the daemon.
my .service file for systemctl looks like:
Description=The Modern Pascal Code Running Socket Server
ExecStartPre=/usr/bin/rm -f /run/coderunner2.pid
ExecReload=/bin/kill -s HUP $MAINPID
3. I do not see anything in that file that would override socket output.
4. And again, if I to /usr/local/bin/coderunner2 from the shell, the client
see's the 8bit code.
5. per wireshark, tcpdump (if the same) - it shows '?' is being sent when
the daemon is managed by systemctl, and the expected 8bit is sent when ran
at the shell prompt.
6. So, the thought of LANG/LOCALE affecting it, from the shell:
[root at www LEGACYX]# echo $LANG
[root at www LEGACYX]# echo $LOCALE
6b. Not sure how to do that except have my daemon display those two at
7. CentOS 7, dropped using init.d for systemctl - on my CentOS 6 machine,
it works perfectly...
8... does socket.pp get affected at RUN-TIME, by environment variables?
(did not notice my first pass through)...
On Wed, Jan 29, 2020 at 8:43 AM <wkitty42 at windstream.net> wrote:
> On 1/29/20 8:54 AM, Ozz Nixon via fpc-devel wrote:
> > Would/Could, LANG/LOCALE affect socket output?
> wouldn't they affect what the server decides to transmit based on the
> "character set"?
> NOTE: No off-list assistance is given without prior approval.
> *Please keep mailing list traffic on the list where it belongs!*
> fpc-devel maillist - fpc-devel at lists.freepascal.org
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the fpc-devel