[fpc-devel] Dwarf and "Result"

Martin Frb lazarus at mfriebe.de
Sat Aug 22 14:12:48 CEST 2020

On 22/08/2020 13:54, Jonas Maebe via fpc-devel wrote:
> Lowercase variables cannot be accessed directly by Pascal code, and only
> by the compiler itself (or through absolute aliases).

Gdb shows all 3 values in the locals
-stack-list-locals

So the double "result"/"RESULT" is irritating.

Anyway its not a major issue. I just wanted to mention it, in case it
was by accident.

---
Btw, using DWARF 3, it shows as "$result"/"RESULT"

And the variable  FUNCTIONNAME, is all uppercase. Despite all other
identifiers in DWARF 3 are in the declared case. (The FunctionName for
the function itself, is correctly cased too)
So it seems there is an old uppercase() left over somewhere.

"RESULT" is also all upper, but there is no declaration by the user,
from which to take any other case info.

(tested with 3.3.1 from last week)