[fpc-devel] Windows Console App

Ozz Nixon ozznixon at gmail.com
Sun Apr 26 14:14:40 CEST 2020

Lol. That is not being done on purpose.

To do it on purpose there are different ways depending upon your OS -
windows I assume?

keybd_event(Ord('A'), 0, KEYEVENTF_KEYDOWN, 0);
keybd_event(Ord('A'), 0, KEYEVENTF_KEYUP, 0);

* Common mistake is to call it once, it must be both for it to
register. (this is from some OLD code)... looking at FPC's site -
keybd_event is deprecated.

This pay work:
https://wiki.freepascal.org/MouseAndKeyInput

 KeyInput.Apply([ssCtrl]);
 KeyInput.Press(VK_F1);                // This will simulate press of
F1 function key.
 KeyInput.Unapply([ssCtrl]);

** Uses: MouseAndKeyInput, LCLType,

FROM LAZARUS being installed.