[fpc-devel] Nasty generics-bug, already known?

Joost van der Sluis joost at cnoc.nl
Fri Apr 24 22:27:13 CEST 2020

Hi all, Sven,

I have a very nasty bug related to generics.

Suppose that I have a unit with a generic-class in it. Nothing more.
This unit is in a package.

Now I also have a unit which is part of an application. Within this unit
I specialize the generic class of the first unit.

Now, when I change the first unit. The changed code never makes it into
my application.

(This has probably to do with the interface of the first unit, which
does not change)

But also when I remove the original first unit, and recompile the
package, but do not touch the ppu of the application, the changed code
is not used. (This because the unit that belongs to the application
already contains the specialized code from the first unit. It does not
detect a change in the first unit, so nothings happens.)

The question is: is this a known bug?

If not, I can create an example and a more extensive explanation.

Regards,

Joost.