[fpc-devel] State of SSE/AVX intrinsics

Tomas Hajny XHajT03 at hajny.biz
Wed Apr 22 11:59:45 CEST 2020

On 2020-04-21 20:47, J. Gareth Moreton wrote:

Hi,

> As I mentioned in my future development post,
> do you think FPC could benefit from
> GetMemAligned and ReallocMemAligned routines?
> The internal functions could be used to help
> control such custom alignment in dynamic
> arrays.

Wouldn't it be better to use either some kind of global property or an
optional additional argument than completely new routines requiring
explicit handling not only from the end-user programs, but also from all
units which may in turn be involved in memory allocation (including
various containers etc.)?

Tomas