[fpc-devel] Refactoring tobjectdef.vmt_def

Jonas Maebe jonas at freepascal.org
Wed Apr 22 09:33:23 CEST 2020

On 21/04/2020 22:56, Jonas Maebe wrote:
> What happens in that case, is
>
> tclassalias ttypesym contains a reference to toriginalclass' tobjectdef,
> and that tobjectdef's typesym be to toriginalclass' typesym. And in the
> unit symtable holding that typesym, we will find the vmtdef we need
> (because it got created when toriginalclass was defined).

However, both toriginalclass tobjectdef and typesym are in the same
symtable, so it should still be okay, actually. I would have revert the
change and test/debug it again to find out why I thought this change was
necessary.

I guess you want to revert it because you want to create tobjectdefs
without a typesym?

Jonas