[fpc-devel] Optimizer Overhaul Take 2... Jump Optimizations

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 31 07:18:15 CET 2019

Am 31.10.2019 um 05:57 schrieb J. Gareth Moreton:
> One thing I do need to do is to cross-compile to all known
> platforms... I can only test a handful of the i386 and x86_64
> platforms, but I want to at least see if it compiles before I submit
> the patch for more thorough testing.  Does anyone have any tips or a
> sample script (preferably a .BAT file) that cross-compiles from
> x86_64-win64 or i386-win32 onto a reasonable set of platforms that at
> least gives me a good smoke test? (Obviously, every combination is a
> little overkill if impractical).
If you only want to test whether the compiler builds you can do a
"fullcycle" inside the compiler directory.

If you also want to test whether the RTL compiles you could use dummyas
in compiler\utils and pass that as AS and compile the RTL for all
platforms you want to test though that will obviously hide assembly
problems. Otherwise you'll need binutils for all platforms you want to test.

I myself (as I'm using Windows 10) use the Windows Subsystem for Linux
where I have installed the binutils for various targets and can compile
the whole of FPC from the same repository I use on Windows for various
targets and using QEMU's user space emulation I can even run the testsuite.

Regards,
Sven