[fpc-devel] Progress on reviewing x86_64 optimizer overhaul and node semantic pass

J. Gareth Moreton gareth at moreton-family.com
Tue Oct 29 10:22:03 CET 2019

Thanks George,

As Florian stated, my work on the optimiser overhaul has been rejected
because of how intertwined it is, along with some elements of 'code
smell', but there's plenty to salvage and he hasn't slammed the door on
the concept.  I'm still learning to use git and patches, especially with
splitting up changes.  For example, if I have changes in separate files
that I want to split up, how might one go about it without manually
modiying the patch files? (As an easy example, I split up the uComplex
patches into two... one with the alignment and vectorcall changes, and
the other with the "const" modifier in the parameters).

I haven't heard anything regarding the node semantic pass yet.

Gareth aka. Kit