[fpc-devel] FPC Language Specification

J. Gareth Moreton gareth at moreton-family.com
Tue May 21 13:34:58 CEST 2019

Normally, you have a committee of people working on such things,
> and on top you have a backlog which will probably take the rest of
> your life to catch up with.
>
> But hey, it's your time, don't let me stop you...
>
> Michael.

Well, I'm going to be living those years anyway, and despite some
occasional disagreements, I do enjoy developing for FPC!

Having a specification that the majority agrees upon would help in
ensuring programmers don't fall foul of some of the nuances of the
language, and having a committee for it stops absolute stinkers of
features like the inlined var definitions in the most recent version of
Delphi (yuck!).  Also, if I suddenly die from getting struck by a
meteorite or something, at least most of the specifics of *pure*
functions will be defined so someone can pick up where I left off if
they feel up to it.

Gareth aka. Kit

P.S. I think your return e-mail got a little screwed up in the last message.

---