[fpc-devel] "Case statement does not handle all possible cases" Warning

J. Gareth Moreton gareth at moreton-family.com
Sun May 19 14:29:48 CEST 2019

I was talking about adding "else ;" to every single case block that
deliberately didn't have one before.  A lot of them were inserted into
the compiler source recently (although a number of the new else branches
also trigger internal errors too, since it should never be reached).

For any project that extensively uses case blocks, I felt that adding
"else ;" came off as superfluous.  That's why I said it was bloat.

Gareth aka. Kit

On 19/05/2019 13:19, wkitty42 at windstream.net wrote:
> On 5/18/19 9:42 PM, Ralf Quint wrote:
>> A warning from the compiler is hence an appropriate response, telling
>> the programmer to check the source and make a decision, even if it is
>> adding an empty else clause to the offending case statement.
>> Everything else is just
>> "lazy programming", like it or not...
>
> i'm still trying to figure out what "bloat" the OP was talking about
> :smh:

---