[fpc-devel] Aligned dynamic arrays

Anthony Walter sysrpl at gmail.com
Thu Mar 28 21:46:18 CET 2019

Ryan, this is just a thought. Do you need the flat memory address to start
on an even 4 KB boundary or are you okay with the memory address starting
at any DWORD address and spanning an even 4 KB after that address?

In the latter case I have an easy solution for you. If the former I am
unsure how to allocate memory at a specific address but could create a
simple enough solution which may waste some space at the start yet give the
array a starting address of a number divisible evenly by 4 KB. Let me know
and I'll write an implementation which I am pretty sure you'll find either
solution more than adequate.