[fpc-devel] Aligned dynamic arrays

Christo Crause christo.crause at gmail.com
Thu Mar 28 20:09:44 CET 2019

On Thu, 28 Mar 2019, 20:34 Ryan Joseph, <ryan at thealchemistguild.com> wrote:

> Now I’m using “cd /rtl; make all FPC=/path/to/compiler” to build the RTL
> but this is obviously slow and unnecessary. Is there a quicker way to build
> just the unit which contains dynarr.inc and have all the objects files to
> be put in the correct location?

Dynarr.inc gets pulled into system.pp via system.inc. So the whole RTL
should be rebuilt anyway. Except of course if you only want to test your
changes without requiring anything else from the RTL. Then you can look at
the compiler command generated by make, system is the first unit to get
compiled, and copy that. There may of course be other ways too.