[fpc-devel] Programming in Pascal .

Yves Boudeville Yves.Boudeville at free.fr
Tue Mar 26 09:07:53 CET 2019

Bonjour.
I am asking questions on the art of scientific computing from 1966.
After Algol and Modula,
the U.C.S.D. Pascal system has been the touchstone of the scientific
computing. This has
been devoted by Niklaus Wirth book and applied in Borland TP7 software.
The only thing
scientists need is a strongly typed language with pixel access on a
single graphical windows.
  This is needed, for instance, by Monte-Carlo simulations. We need the
full power of the
computer with the pixel definition of the result because the eyes are
the  best investigators
for scientific bugs. TP7 with graph was the best tool for that. For less
mathematical
approaches, like 3D models it was sufficient to use Borland Delphi-7.
Now, in 2019, it was
possible to use FPC compiler with Fp-IDE to make in laboratories good
simulations of
scientific equations, very clean in FPC Pascal, with the Graphical tools
PtcGraph, PtcCrt, etc
... It is far more useful than old Seymour Cray Fortran or C// on
Connection Machines CM1 / CM2
of Hillis : Theses need M.I.T. gourous in big National Laboratories.
Some years ago, it was possible with the good job of Nikolay Nikolov on
Ptc Pascal Units, to do
clean-proof use of computer to visualize physics in HDMI 1920 x 1080 x
65536c under Windows.
With lesser resolution, a work in Pascal was running without
adding/changing a word under
Windows_Intel / Ubuntu_Linux / or Raspbian_Raspberry Rpi3. Now, for
scientific use, it is not
possible because  ptcgraph etc... are not included in latest versions,
for instance of Raspbian.
So, in order to use software in Physics, we are compelled use old
versions of OS  2.6.4 Fpc
systems instead of 3.0.0 on /usr/lib/fpc to use our programs. It is a
big problem for us because
we are interested by easy Pascal simulations of physics and we are
newbie in systems. Will it be
an hope to have again under Fpc : PtcGraph, PtcCrt, PtcMouse... to do
good job in physics ?

Friendly Yours.

P.S. I beg your pardon for my desesperately rusty English language
because Classrooms are very

far from me in time ... ( I am 73 ) .

I Mr ou Mme BOUDEVILLE, Yves & Nicole ;     I
I "Le Jardin des Arts", 28, Rue Leon FABRE  I
I 69100, VILLEURBANNE. FRANCE.              I
I Tel Domicile : 04.78.93.67.95 (Repondeur) I
I Courriel: Yves.Boudeville at free.fr         I

---