[fpc-devel] fpcmkcfg and fpc.cfg questions

Ben Grasset operator97 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 26 13:46:57 CET 2019

On Tue, Mar 26, 2019 at 2:33 AM Sven Barth via fpc-devel <
fpc-devel at lists.freepascal.org> wrote:

> Those paths are not handled relative to the compiler binary, they are
> handled relative to the current directory when calling the compiler. The
> compiler does not differentiate whether a parameter is passed in by the
> configuration or by command line argument, they are handled the same
> (except for macro expansion). So using relative paths in the configuration
> is more often than not a bad idea (TM).

Well, be that as it may, the fact is that stuff like this, with unprefixed
forward-slashes:

-Fu/units/$fpctarget

simply doesn't work on Windows. Where is the %basepath% environment
variable the configuration template sources refer to expected to be set,
exactly? As far as I can tell it evaluates to an empty string pretty much
100% of the time.