[fpc-devel] TRegistry and Unicode

Bart bartjunk64 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 6 16:13:40 CET 2019

On Wed, Mar 6, 2019 at 12:59 PM Marco van de Voort
<core at pascalprogramming.org> wrote:

> If unicode MUST be supported on windows without lazarus hack, convert
> the interface to unicodestring. (or maybe overload, but I would just
> convert it all)

And then there is of course ReadStringList/WriteStringList.
Unless your systemcodepage is UTF8, dataloss will occur with
characters outside your codepage.
There does not seem to be a proper solution for that without enforcing
a UTF8 encoding on the individual strings (you cannot simply set Text
property for that).
AFAIK we don't have a TUnicodeStringList?

In hindside, with this Unicode problem in mind, using a TStringArray
would have been better.
AFAIK Delphi does not implement a ReadStringList/WriteStringList.

--
Bart