[fpc-devel] "Maybe Gareth can be convinced to spend his energy on this ... "

J. Gareth Moreton gareth at moreton-family.com
Thu Jun 27 12:18:44 CEST 2019

One thing I have been considering is to promote fields and global
variables to local registers to reduce memory accesses.  However, it
would make multi-threaded code a bit trickier to write and demand the
use of the "volatile" intrinsic on things like the conditions of while
loops.

Before I start anything though, I need to put together a schedule or a
to-do list to work out what to play with first.  A lot of the time, I go
by my whims and think "I fancy playing with the Free Pascal Compiler
today" or I see something and think 'I could improve that' -
unfortunately it's led me to mix fixes and changes into the same patch,
which has been problematic before, so I'm trying to be more disciplined
about it.

Gareth aka. Kit