[fpc-devel] XML node dump feature

J. Gareth Moreton gareth at moreton-family.com
Tue Jun 25 10:11:37 CEST 2019

Honestly, I consider optimisation to be my speciality, especially given
a lot of my contributions to FPC were peephole optimisations.

I did think about optimisations such as "for X := 0 to
SomeFunction(Para) do", where SomeFunction is a pure function, but then
I was told that the upper limit is only computed once at the very
beginning and doesn't change with subsequent iterations. Still, if an
optimisation reveals itself, I'll be more than willing to develop it.

Can I have an example of "hoisting pure functions out of loops" that you
speak of?

Given how big this undertaking is, I will be writing a design
specification as I go so my changes are a little more apparent and so
you guys can rip it to shreds if I make a mistake.

Gareth aka. Kit

On 25/06/2019 08:58, denisgolovan wrote:
> Hi Gareth
>
> I'd like to know if the scope of your interest in "pure" is just initialization of constants or you plan to implement some optimizations as well?
> I mean something like hoisting pure functions out loops.

---