[fpc-devel] Pending approval...

Pierre Muller pierre.c.muller at gmail.com
Tue Jun 18 07:10:20 CEST 2019

Le 18/06/2019 à 04:21, J. Gareth Moreton a écrit :
> Hi everyone,
>
> So I sent my last update/fix/patch for the XML core dump feature 3 weeks
> ago, but my main liaison, Pierre, seems to have vanished for the time
> being.  Hopefully he's okay, but it means the feature is currently in
> limbo and I could greatly benefit from its use in developing future
> ideas, and I'm sure other developers will find use in it too.
> https://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=35017

  Hi all,

as you might remember, there are only afew volonteers behind this project,
which all have also 'a real life' which makes them not available
at all times for 'Free Pascal' project.

  Besides, there are numerous other problems that I am also trying to
tackle and resolve.

  Otherwise, thank you very much for your concern, but I am OK,
just not as available as I would like...

  Coming back to the XML dump feature that you developed,
I do think that it is now in a better state, and it will probably be
integrated into main trunk after I find time to re-run the different checks
that I used for the mutual feedback.

  I cannot give you any fixed date for this, as it will depend greatly on
the time I can find for Free Pascal, and on those other tasks.

> On another note, I've made some fixes to compiler issues when it comes
> to x86 assembly language, specifically the SSE and AVX instructions that
> deal with single rather than packed data, because a number of
> instructions would throw false warnings or errors due to incorrect
> operand sizes, even though they are actually correct.  Details can be
> found here: https://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=35700 (this one has
> a couple of linked issues too).

  My knowledge about those i386/x86_64 extensions is too vague,
so you will need to find another core developer to handle this bug report.

  Keep on the good work, and try to be patient with
other members that have less time to dedicate to Free Pascal!

Pierre