[fpc-devel] Object upgrades (new)

Ryan Joseph genericptr at gmail.com
Sat Jun 15 20:43:21 CEST 2019

> On Jun 15, 2019, at 12:50 PM, Sven Barth via fpc-devel <fpc-devel at lists.freepascal.org> wrote:
>
> I don't see a need to add management operators to objects. Objects have constructors and destructors, so they don't need Initialize and Finalize operators and they have a defined assignment operation. Just leave the poor, old objects alone.

It’s not about objects as much as record inheritance (which as I was told will not be happening). I don’t see why Pascal got left out of this one particular thing but since we’ve always had objects it only makes sense to keep them up to date. Not sure why there would be any resistance to this. Making a mode switch for “advanced objects” seems sensible enough to me (unless you want to make a whole new keyworld like “struct” or something).

Regards,
	Ryan Joseph